10. Which of the following event(s) was/were associated with the Non-Cooperation Movement?
- Parallel Governments at Maharastra, Bengal and UP.
- Anti-Chowkidara and anti-union-board tax in Bengal.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
Exp: Civil Disobedience Movement (1930-1932):
- On 12th march 1930- started Dandi march from sabarmati ashram, on 6th april 1930- reached Dandi.
· Khudai Khidmatgars active in NWFP.
· Textile workers active in Sholapur
· Salt Satyagraha in Dharsana.
· No-chowkidara tax campaign in Bihar
· Anti-Chowkidara and anti-union-board tax in Bengal.
· No-tax movement in Gujarat.
· Civil disobedience of forest laws in Maharashtra, Karnataka and Central Provinces.
· Agitation against “Cunningham Circular” in Assam.
· No rent campaign in UP.
Quit India Movement (1942):
- In some areas, such as Ballia in Eastern U.P., Tamluk in Midnapore district of Bengal, and Satara district of Bombay, the revolutionaries set up parallel governments.